1. My first goal was to play harder and harder games and I think I did that. Magic is harder than Settlers of Catan and I’ve been playing Magic for a while now.
2.My second goal was to learn to read while I’m playing games. I did pretty good on that too because I can read some words on Magic cards; like “creature”, “flying”, “deathtouch”, “wolf”,“human”, “forest”, “rats” and “zombies”.
3. My third goal was to play 100 different games with my family. Well, we kept a list for a long time and I added it up to almost 100, like 70 or so.…and then I learned how to play Magic and that’s all I mostly want to play now! I think its ok that I didn’t get exactly 100 games, because I set a really high goal and at least I got to play a LOT of different games. Sometimes its fun to play games you already know, and Magic is the best game I’ve played in my life.
Katie’s Goals for 2012:
Damia, Sage of Stone! Katie's new Commander Deck
1. Play Magic 155 times! At least 6 of those times I want it to be Commander, because I have my own Commander deck now. Collect as much GOOD Magic cards as I can, like maybe 100 different cool ones. I want to get as many cards from Dark Ascension and Avacyn Restored as I can, because those are the new sets I know about for next year!!
2. Try 33 new board games, and 33 new video games. Because I never know if I might find a game I like even better than Magic!
3. Play “Just Dance” or another exercise game 5 times a week with my mom. I love exercise, YEAH! Playing a game while you exercise is even better! YEAH!!!
"I am Robo-Rally!"
While Jack happily chimed in last year, he doesn’t really understand the concept of “reflecting on past goals”.
I will say though that he played with lots of dice AND cards AND robots this year, and he especially enjoyed playing with RoboRally pieces.
We’ll call that a resounding success. And he wants you all to know he's 3 now!
Jack’s Goals for 2012:
1. Learn to play Mario Kart and play lots of Mario games. Also collect lots of Mario cards. And I want to beat Once Upon a Monster!
2. Ask to play games from the shelf, say “Pleeeeease”, then clean ‘um up so I can be allowed in the game room!
3. I have a dream I can play Magic with you. When I’m bigger. (Awwwwwww!!!!)
Randy's Goals from last year:
1. My first goal was to play in a Pathfinder or D&D 3.5 campaign. I am very happy to say that this was successful, and I am now having a great time playing Pathfinder! My current character is here.
2. Another goal was to help Katie meet her goal of playing 100 different games. Well... we didn't hit 100, but we had a darn good time playing the 70 or so we did play. Maybe we would have gotten farther if the last one wasn't Magic: The Gathering!
3. My last goal was to get a game ready for publication. Not there yet, but I am working on it. Here is a link to an interview of me.
Randy's Gaming Goals for 2012:
Gaming with Auntie Shannon
1. Play more games with family and friends!
2. Work on my painting skills, with the hope of someday becoming good enough to do alters. Alters are Magic cards that have been artistically enhanced, and seems like a fun way to enhance a favorite card. I don't expect to ever get to the level of the guys who do this professionally; maybe just enough to have some fun with our collection.
3. Blog more. Not just game reviews, but opinions on gaming, and aspects of the hobby that get me excited.
Angie's Goals from last year:
I got a picture with Super Mario!!!
I already reflected on many of my challenges and the things I learned in 2011 in another post, so I will just pick one specific goal from last year to focus on. We started out the year really strong with family game nights and I really enjoyed having a specific time set aside where we all four played games together, but we got distracted with OUTSIDE when summer came around and it’s definitely something I want to bring back. Family Game Night FTW*!
(*For The Win, apparently there is another use of those letters, but not from me!)
Angie’s Goals for 2012
I love seeing my kids play games together!
1. Make more time for family gaming, and really try to say “YES!” whenever the kids ask to play a game together.
2. Blog! I’m going to try to post something or help the kids write and post something at least once a week.
3. Get together a semi-regular group for playing Magic. In a more general sense, this goal is really just about making time to play the games we love with people we enjoy spending time with!
We Want to Hear From You!!!
What are your goals for the upcoming year? What type of content would you like to see more of on this blog? As we work to find our groove for blogging we really want to take a moment to say thank you to our readers! We would love to know what YOU are thinking, and appreciate any comments or feedback. Until next time...