Well, it's that time of year. The time of year where you are either at Gen Con, or you aren't. A whole lot of amazing things happen in the gaming industry there in Milwaukee, Wisconsin, and if you are an avid gamer and happen to be not there, you are likely hovering over various blogs and social media to find out the big news from your favorite game publishers. Outside of there, it's a pretty quiet time. The Growing Up Gamers crew... is not there. But that doesn't mean we're not working on some great material. Here's a bit of what we have coming down the pipe for the near future!
1. I (Randy) did an interview with Steve Ellis and James Eastham, designers of the Railways of the World expansions, the Railways of the World card game and its expansions at the release party at Rainy Day Games. Our first interview! I am busily transcribing and hope to get that up soon.
2. Event report of the Railways of the World Card Game event. We had a blast playing, and we want to share that.
3. We're logging some plays of some great games, and expansions to games we have, so expect some reviews. We have games ranging from party games to space exploration to trains, so keep your eyes out!
4. A character/campaign update on my current Pathfinder game.
5. More game design material. I'm working on art for two games, and rules and a prototype for another. One of the games is Princess of the Hill, which you've probably read about on the blog. The other is an exciting project that we're itching to share; more on that one soon!
6. A multiple-perspective look at Game On 2.0. This exhibit (currently at Oregon Museum of Science and Industry) is an interactive exhibit of the history of video games, and we are going to tell what we thought of it and why you should go check it out!
Okay, that's what's in store from Growing Up Gamers in the near future. Stay tuned!